This KnowledgeBase archive includes content and external links that were accurate and relevant as of September 30, 2019.
When analyzing assessment test results attention must be given not only to the overall results but to the results for students in the following subgroups:
• Economically disadvantaged
• Major racial and ethnic groups
• With disabilities as defined in section 9101(5) of ESEA
• With limited English proficiency as defined in section 9101 (25) of ESEA
To gauge a school's overall performance and to identify opportunities for improvement the following comparisons should be made.
• Within a district with multiple elementary and/or middle schools
• With schools in neighboring districts
• With the overall State level results
Thirdly a school should measure itself against the State's annual measurable objectives.
34 CFR Part 200 Title I - Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged, U.S. Department of Education
The contents of this website were developed under a grant from the U.S. Department of Education and are intended for general reference purposes only. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the U.S. Department of Education or the Center, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government. Some resources on this site require Adobe Acrobat Reader. This website archive includes content and external links that were accurate and relevant as of September 30, 2019.